Thursday, April 10, 2008

Robyn Hitchcock & Nick Lowe @ Grand Ballroom with special guest Elvis Costello!



Last night, I got to see my top two, all-time favourite singer/songwriters on stage together for the first time.  And, Nick Lowe too.  ;)

During the encore, Nick introduced a very special guest, Mr. Elvis Costello.  The crowd, and myself, went wild.  They sang a duet of "Indoor Fireworks", the song Elvis wrote for Nick.   I so called this surprise visit earlier during the show when I leaned over to Jonlyn and posited how cool would it be if Elvis came on stage to sing "Peace, Love & Understanding" with Nick?!  Little did I know what was in store for the encore.

Robyn then re-joined both Nick and Elvis and sang a beautiful rendition of The Beatles' "If I Fell", and the night ended with a raucous interpretation of "Mystery Train" with all three rocking the house.  Check out the youTube clips below captured by Mike Sweden and others, and some excellent observations remembered almost verbatim by Jeremy Osner!


*EDIT*  There's also a torrent of the show now up on Dime.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah it was absolutely amazing!! It was good to see you guys... we definitely have to have a Fragiole night!

Elin said...

How amazing was it having Elvis stroll out on stage like that??? I didn't take my camera, so I'm glad you took some good shots.

Steve Talkowski said...

Thanks ELin. I just happened to be up in the front and was able to get a few decent shots out of plenty of blurred ones.

Unknown said...

Hi--I hope you don't mind I linked to your post (and, um, borrowed a photo). so glad someone got these shots!