Friday, November 19, 2010

Sketchbot Custom Show 2 - Captain Cavebot!



When I first began this custom, I was going to do an entire figure covered in sculpted fur based on two drawings I did called Furbot.  I started with the body, but then had to put work on hold for 2 weeks while I took on some paying jobs.  When I returned to the figure last Sunday I started rethinking the concept and was doing a few colour studies in Photoshop when it hit me - "why not just do a figure with a hairy body only?" The classic Hanna-Barbera character Captain Caveman immediately popped into my head, so I snapped a picture of work-in-progress and mocked up that idea.  I think it turned out pretty good, considering the last minute change and working out of my normal "mask 'N spray" comfort zone.

You can see this, along with 70 other amazing pieces beginning tonight at Munky King LA.  See you at the show!



3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this.

Jennifer Graham said...

That is cool. You are really talented. It was such a throw back to my childhood too. It put a smile on my face! Thanks for sharing! Enjoy the Holidays!

gmail correo said...

Wonderful ideas. Congratulations on your effort and thanks for sharing with us.
Continues to publish, is a real pleasure to read you