Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Sketchbot Revision Update



NYCC is 4 1/2 weeks away, and I'm feverishly putting the final touches on the revised Sketchbot. The plan is to do a relatively modest run of hand-casted resin figures exclusively for the show. This will also serve as a testbed for having a 3d printout created to use as a master to create a silicon mold from. I'm in the process of finalizing this geometry and will be choosing a 3d print bureau soon to upload the model to. I'll post photos from that result when I get the model, then document the molding and casting process once again. Stay tuned, it's gonna be a busy month!



Sketchbot Turntable from Steve Talkowski on Vimeo.

4 comments:

Easy Zee said...

What a fantastic design!! I want a Sketchbot figure to add to my collection of designer toys and maquettes!

SpankyStokes said...

STEEEVEEEE...you know I will do anything for you, this guys is turning out slick, I dig the thinner legs!

Steve Talkowski said...

Thanks for checking it out Zee! I'm totally digging your Toon Boom learning process posts. :)

Steve Talkowski said...

John, thanks for the feedback! Dude, are you coming out for NYCC in February?